Chief Executive Officer
Make a difference in your region.
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the economic development of their region.
RDA is a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business, and community groups to support the economic development of their regions. RDA Committees have an active and facilitative role in their communities and a clear focus on growing strong and confident regional economies that harness their competitive advantages, seize economic opportunity, and attract investment.
RDA’s core role is to facilitate and advocate for sustainable economic development by collaborating with regional stakeholders. Current projects include:-
- Inland Queensland Roads Action Plan (IQ-RAP)
- Building Jobs in Northern Queensland
- Aviation Industry Development
About the Position
Heading up the RDA Committee for Townsville and North West Queensland, you will be responsible for assisting the Committee to establish the organisation’s strategic vision and objectives and lead a small team of dedicated staff in achieving these objectives.
- Facilitate regional economic development outcomes, investments, local procurement, and jobs;
- Promote greater regional awareness of and engagement with Australian Government policies, grant programs and research;
- Improve Commonwealth regional policy-making by providing intelligence and evidence-based advice to the Australian Government on regional development issues;
- Coordinate the development of a strategic regional plan, or work with suitable existing regional plans that will align with the Commonwealth’s regional priorities.
The Ideal Candidate
Applications for this position are sought from highly motivated and experienced people who are knowledgeable about the economic strengths and challenges of the state and region.
You must be able to engage directly with regional businesses, entrepreneurs, and emerging business leaders to facilitate new opportunities and strategies for the region.
Important attributes include:
- Strategic thinking
- Analytic ability
- Strong Professional Business skills
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Working with Government
- Leading people and change
Women, people from Indigenous and diverse cultural backgrounds, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 27th June 2021.
RDA has partnered with TP human capital to manage the executive search process for this role. Applications will not be accepted outside of the above application process.
RDA Townsville and NWQ
There are 52 regional development committees in Australia, 12 of which are in Queensland.
RDA Townsville and North West Queensland (NWQ) Inc. was established as a not-for-profit association in 2009 to work across the north and north-west Queensland region, covering the local government areas of Boulia, Burdekin, Burke, Carpentaria, Charters Towers, Cloncurry, Doomadgee, Flinders, Hinchinbrook, McKinlay, Mornington Island, Mount Isa, Palm Island, Richmond, and Townsville.