TP Human Capital
TP Human Capital is the result of a merger between two of Townsville’s longest running and most respected human resources local companies (Townsville Personnel est. 1983; Commercial Studies Centre est. 1985).
Our client is a hugely respected multi-skilled consulting firm, operating within Australia and consulting internationally. With experience in civic design, project management and industrial design in the construction industry our client delivers innovative design briefs, interprets design concepts and project manages construction projects from inception through to completion.
As a result of continued growth and an increase in scope of projects, we are currently recruiting for the role of ARCHITECTUAL DRAFTSPERSON to assist with and be a part of the long-term success of the business. The main objective of the ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTSPERSON is to work closely with Architects, Graduate Architects, and other professionals such as Engineers, to completely assist in designing buildings and deliver architectural projects across scheme stages. Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Analyse architects’ or other concept sketches / designs and prepare preliminary and detailed drawings interpretation inclusive of ensuring compliance with relevant building codes, standards, fire strategy and best practice techniques.
- Translate design concepts into building information. Use computers (CAD) or manually produce designs, detailed drawings, and documentation. Integrate structural, construction and engineering strategies with overall design.
- Assist the design team in preparing building specifications for building plans to within the constraints of building regulation and budget limitations imposed by individual client brief.
- Visit construction sites and support the design team and project / construction management team in site inspections, defect inspections and preparing information for queries on construction related issues and regulations.
With a commitment to the continual expansion of the company’s strengths across all sectors of infrastructure development with a stronger focus on emerging markets for international development aid within the South Pacific, the role we are looking to fill. To be considered for this amazing opportunity you will require:
- Tertiary Qualifications relevant to the technical content of this position are required with a strong focus on but not limited to; Certificate IV Residential Drafting / Diploma of Architectural Drafting / Diploma of Building Design / Advanced Diploma of Building Design – Architectural.
- Extensive relevant solid technical background in architectural drafting experience, with understanding or hands on experience of Australian and international projects within the building and construction industry.
- Excellent knowledge and operation of Archicad CAD 3D software.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and contribute to sustainable outcomes including advocacy and the capacity to negotiate effective solutions.
- Excellent levels of communication, verbal and written.
With our client’s head office operating out of Townsville, this is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in a variety of projects in the Government, private and International Aid whilst developing your career. APPLY NOW!!