TP Human Capital
Our client is a hugely respected, small to medium sized, multi-skilled consulting firm, operating within Australia and consulting internationally. With experience in civic design, project management and industrial design in the construction industry our client delivers innovative design briefs, interprets design concepts and project manages construction projects from inception through to completion.
As a result of continued growth and an increase in scope of projects, we are currently recruiting for the role of ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTS PERSON to assist with and be a part of the long-term success of the business based out of their Townsville office.
The main objective of the role is to provide direct technical support to complete architects’ and other designers’ concepts by preparing drawings, estimates and plans whilst liaising with builders and contractors both on and off site. The ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTS PERSON will also contribute to an important part of the building process, including obtaining approvals, pricing estimates and construction inputs. As an ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTS PERSON your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Coordinate and prepare architectural and working drawings, showing plans, elevations, sections, materials, finishes and other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping.
- Calculate the quantity and quality of materials needed, material and labour costs and project completion dates.
- Interpret client briefs and prepare and develop sketch plans for client approval.
- Examine relevant codes and by-laws while undertaking project documentation to ensure full technical and legal compliance with relevant Australian & international standards.
- Collaborate on projects with the company’s associated international architectural company and its team where required.
- Understand and utilise project performance reports made available by the company systems, tools and industry standard techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
With a commitment to the continual expansion of the company’s strengths across all sectors of infrastructure development with a stronger focus on emerging markets for international development aid within the South Pacific, the role we are looking to fill. To be considered for this amazing opportunity you will require:
- Tertiary qualification – Cert IV in Residential Drafting / Diploma of Architectural Drafting / Diploma of Building Design / Advanced Diploma of Building Design – Architectural.
- Demonstrated technical drawing and presentation skills.
- High level interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, as well as an excellent ability to develop and maintain results focused client, consultant, and stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- A willingness and ability to live and work in Townsville, North Qld.
With our client’s head office operating out of Townsville, this is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in a variety of projects in the Government, private and International Aid sectors, whilst developing your career and benefiting from the North Queensland lifestyle on offer. APPLY NOW!!