TP Human Capital
BUILDING DESIGNER (Townsville)
Our client is a hugely respected, small to medium sized, multi-skilled consulting firm, operating within Australia and consulting internationally. With experience in civic design, project management and industrial design in the construction industry our client delivers innovative design briefs, interprets design concepts and project manages construction projects from inception through to completion.
As a result of continued growth and an increase in scope of projects, we are currently recruiting for the role of BUILDING DESIGNER to assist with and be a part of the long-term success of the business, based out of their Townsville head office.
The main objective of the role is to provide direct technical support to complete architects’ and other designers’ concepts by preparing drawings, estimates and plans whilst liaising with builders and contractors both on and off site. The BUILDING DESIGNER will also contribute to an important part of the building process, including obtaining approvals, pricing estimates and construction inputs. As a BUILDING DESIGNER your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Control the project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Calculate the quantity and quality of materials needed, material and labour costs and project completion dates.
- Examine relevant codes and by-laws while undertaking project documentation to ensure full technical and legal compliance with relevant Australian & international standards.
- Collaborate on projects with the company’s associated international architectural company and its team where required.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan to track, monitor and report on progress.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation using company systems / software and industry standard techniques.
With a commitment to the continual expansion of the company’s strengths across all sectors of infrastructure development with a stronger focus on emerging markets for international development aid within the South Pacific, the role we are looking to fill. To be considered for this amazing opportunity you will require:
- Tertiary qualification -Diploma of Building Design / Advanced Diploma of Building Design – Architectural.
- Demonstrated technical drawing and presentation skills.
- Extensive relevant, solid technical background and experience in Architectural Drafting.
- Excellent knowledge of Archicad CAD 30 software.
With our client’s head office operating out of Townsville, this is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in a variety of projects in the Government, private and International Aid sectors, whilst developing your career and benefiting from the North Queensland lifestyle on offer. APPLY NOW!!