TP Human Capital
Are you someone experienced in working with all levels of Government, is familiar with the current sport and active recreation landscape, knows events, has experience in marketing and business development and values community outcomes? Leading a small team of 4 direct reports and reporting to a highly engaged board, this role has a huge amount of variety and a combination of hands-on and strategy. A real opportunity to mold and influence the organization, and use your creativity to make a real difference in the community and see that impact.
Based in Townsville, with a few days travel every month on average to regional areas throughout North and Western Qld. Townsville is the capital of Northern Australia.
- Delivery a portfolio of events
- Provide high level business/financial/budgetary advice and information to the Board
- Provide Leadership and overall management to achieve the Strategic Plan and Corporate Performance objectives
- Plan, develop and deliver all marketing and business planning
- Report to the Board
- Sponsorship delivery
- Management reporting reflecting financial and budgetary performance
- Work with 17 local government regions and councils
- Ensure effective communication channels with stakeholders, including commercial sponsors, Local, State and Federal Government.
- Development of partnerships both financial and in kind. Delivery of partnership and sponsorship KPI’s.
- To liaise with local, regional, state, and national sport and recreation bodies to fully inform them of the annual calendar of events
- Volunteer Management / Coordination
- Grant writing / management
- Lobby / influence – including Government Departments, Sporting bodies
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members (4 direct reports).
- Evidence of marketing and sales development in a previous role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Community focussed
- Strategic thinking (looking forward as well) – proactive
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s board.
- Experience in the management and operation of administrative and financial systems within a sports-based organisation.
- Event Management background
Remuneration is negotiable and includes a fully maintained company vehicle.
Applications: To apply for this position please click “Apply Now” below.
For confidential discussions please contact Clayton Cook at TP Human Capital on 07 4772 3800.
Confidentiality is 100% guaranteed, we will not discuss your interest with anyone without your approval.