TP Human Capital
TP Human Capital are currently recruiting for the positions of SENIOR BIO TECHS for one of the largest suppliers of sustainably farmed Black Tiger Prawns in Australia. Operating Australia’s first prawn aquaculture facility in Australia, our client gained certification from the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) – an organisation that certifies environmentally and socially responsible seafood (Highest global standard for sustainable and responsible aquaculture)
Reporting to the Head of Bio Team and based in Ayr, North Qld, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitoring water quality
- Ensuring all equipment is calibrated and maintained,
- Leading trials associated with maintaining pond environment, algae monitoring and surveillance of ponds for harmful algae species
- Calculating and applying remedy additions to optimise the pond environment
- Being familiar with the farm’s environmental responsibilities and management systems.
Working in a small but dedicated team, you will be highly motivated, responsible and reliable. You should possess:
- The ability to analyse and troubleshoot problems
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- An enjoyment of outdoor work
- A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to undertake shift and weekend work
- The ability to work unsupervised in a safe and efficient manner
- Technical capacity
- Strong time management skills.
These are exciting times for the industry and as such we will be delighted to speak to applicants with the following:
- An aquaculture or environmental qualification
- Demonstrated exposure to aquaculture or a farming environment in a similar role are highly considered.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Full working rights in Australia.
We look forward to hearing from enthusiastic and motivated people looking for a great career in Australian aquaculture. With a growing global population demanding increased quantities of premium seafood our client is poised to meet this demand in an environmentally responsible and sustainable method that benefits consumers, the ocean and the environment.