TP Human Capital is currently recruiting for an experienced General Manager to work with a Townsville based Not-For-Profit organisation, Townsville Business Development Centre. Small businesses powers the economy of Townsville, and this is an excellent opportunity to deliver high quality services, training and advice providing small businesses with the right tools, support and connections to grow and succeed throughout North Queensland.
This position is responsible for developing the organisations strategic plan, building the reputation and profile throughout the region, managing internal and external operations and providing advice on operations, finance, policy and planning.
- Utilise existing and new networks to source additional grants and funding opportunities, preparing and submitting high quality funding applications
- Supervise , support and develop staff
- Developing and maintaining sound financial practices and policies ensuring maintenance of fiscal stability
- Provide leadership, direction and advice in the development of program, operational and financial plans
- Work with tenants, property management
- Deliver small business services to clients including seminar presentation and small business advice
- Establish effective communication processes with relevant government, and private and not for profit organisations, agencies and other business organisations.
- Identify and establish effective communication processes with key stakeholders and other business organisations
- Take responsibility for the development, board approval implementation and monitoring of the Strategic Plan
- Demonstration high level of leadership skills, sense of vision and ability to motivate others
- An ability to work independently and understand appropriate accountability and good governance
- Capacity in policy development and policy analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget management, financial systems and financial management skills
- Small business skills and demonstrated experience in respect of issues concerning small businesses
- Strong sense of organisation and planning and able to manage time
- Capacity to lead in complex environments; and abilities to manage competing demands within limited timeframes
- High level facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of persons of the community including indigenous persons, other business development organisations, government departments and stakeholders
- Covering the Townsville region north to Cardwell and south to the Burdekin, Ayr and Home Hill and then extending to Charters Towers all the way through the western corridor to Mt Isa.
For a confidential phone discussion and to request a copy of the position description please contact Grace Mitchell at TP Human Capital on 07 4772 3800
Key role requirements
Knowledge and understanding of Local, State and Federal Government.
Capacity in policy development and policy analysis
Demonstrated high level of operational leadership and management.
Innovative, Driven, Energetic, Persistent, Action orientated
demonstrated experience in respect of issues concerning small businesses
Not for Profit
Ability to work independently and understand appropriate accountability and good governance
Townsville Region Information
Known as the Second Capital of Queensland and with a population of approximately 190,000 people, Townsville offers a dynamic lifestyle coupled with strong economic prosperity. Townsville is a thriving precinct with access to a variety of world class education facilities, leading edge health care, affordable housing, unique retailing, spectacular events and entertainment, dining precincts and a wide range of outdoor recreation options. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville’s lifestyle is second to none.