Access is a relational database management system. Access allows you to create and manage relational databases by providing tools to make it easier to enter and update data, analyse data and quickly present information in sophisticated reports, particularly when dealing with large amounts of data.
Those who want to create databases that are:
- efficient and have data integrity
- easier to manage than paper files
- presented using a graphical user interface
- user friendly
- easily shared with others on a network
- able to be modified as your requirements grow or change